YOUR PLACE IN THE CIRCLE
A Writing, Yoga, and Nature Retreat
In Harriman State Park, Idaho
with Nan Seymour and Scott Moore
August 17-20 2017
- a large, basinlike depression resulting from the explosion or collapse of the center of a volcano.
- the circle around the fire from which you tell the story of your origin.
YOU BELONG IN THE CALDERA
You belong if you would like to speak with the trees
You belong if you would like to meet more birds.
You belong if you feel drawn towards the fire.
You belong if you long to be restored to your senses, if you crave to be rife and wild.
You belong if a walk around the lake appeals to you.
You belong if you believe that our stories connect us.
You belong if you feel your stories smoldering inside you.
You belong if you have been building the courage to bring them forth.
You belong if you desire the space of the sky to write in.
Come to the caldera
and revel in your senses!
Enjoy 3 days at a pristine wildlife and bird refuge located just south of Yellowstone Park, on the banks of the Snake River, in the heart of the Henry’s Fork caldera.
PROVISIONS AND POSSIBLILITIES
For three amazing days, you’ll love:
- Comfortable lodging
- Expert teachings and loving guidance from Nan and Scott
- Daily gentle morning movement
- Personal coaching for your writing
- Yoga Nidra (guided meditation) with writing invitations
- Fireside story circle
- Optional guided nature hikes and birding
- Exquisite cuisine provided by our Food Poet Laureate, Amanda Gonzaga
- Privacy and time to write
- Deep breaths
- Optional activities include hiking, horseback riding, and mountain biking, all within the park. No need to get back in your car
Your cozy, modern cabin is built, fittingly, around the communal fire pit. Your room has either a queen bed or two twin beds, a desk, porch, and a bathroom.
Our senses and hearts will be ravished by a series of sublime meals, created with love, skill, and a sense of terroir, by our chef and resident food poet.
$1250 Single Occupancy (4 available)
$1075 Double Occupancy (10 available)
Secure your spot with a non-refundable $500 deposit. Balance due by June 15 or sooner.
Cancellation policy: Purchasing a spot in this retreat is like buying a non-refundable ticket for a concert. Once purchased, it belongs to you. If circumstances should require a change in your plans, you are welcome to sell your spot. We’ll help you if we can.