What's Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is a deep form of self-discovery, like meditation, where you experience your utmost nature of being. It's a very relaxing way of attuning your awareness to all things. You can practice Yoga Nidra anywhere while doing anything, however we will practice by lying down and listening to me guide you through the experience, either in a live session, private one on one or Skype session, or via audio recording that you can stream or download onto your computer or phone.
Yoga Nidra is an ancient practice that has helped many people (including Ghandi) to do everything from becoming high-performing athletes, learn languages, heal from physical, mental and emotional trauma, attain enlightenment. It is a highly effective method of Sourcing Your True Power, untold power within you. One result of practicing Yoga Nidra is that it can help you understand what YOUR gifts are in this world and how to share them. Yoga Nidra is experiencing the TRUEST form of YOURSELF. Most poignantly, Yoga Nidra is about connecting to Source and therefore your ultimate power.
This practice is about connecting you to your Source. When you have such a connection, you can do anything. Through practicing Yoga Nidra, you will:
- Recognize and SOURCE YOUR POWER to accomplish anything you desire.
- Recognize and eliminate self-limiting beliefs
- Experience profound relaxation
- Reduce anxiety
- Heal from physical, emotional, or mental trauma
- Grow spiritually as you understand yourself and your place in the Universe
- Understand your innate gifts for this world and how to share them with the world
- Connect with and become conscious of your deep inner-wisdom
- Become mentally sharper and more focused
- Become more tolerant and compassionate for those around you
- Become more tolerated by those around you!
- Become a better family member, better at your job, and better community member
- and much more . . .
What if I'm terrible at yoga?
No worries! Yoga Nidra can be done by ANYBODY. Plus, the movement style of yoga (asana) that we do before the guided Yoga Nidra will be gentle enough to accommodate for all kinds of ability levels, strengths, limitations, etc. Also, you can always skip the movement portion of the module. That's the benefit of this kind of learning environment! Literally anybody can do this!
What if I get so relaxed, I fall asleep?
If you fall asleep, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Seriously, the part of you that is listening to Yoga Nidra is deeper than your conscious mind so the practice still works, even if you're asleep. It's nice to try to stay awake so that you can remember what we did but if you don't it still works! Plus, you have the recordings archived so you can re-listen to them whenever you want.